- Nationals fees due-5/4
- Picture Week- 5/13-5/18
- Recital T-shirts and messages due-5/18
- Step up 2 Dance Competition-5/25-5/26
- No Dance (Memorial Day)- 5/27
- Early bird registrations due-6/29
Important Yearly Dates:
- Recital Ticket Sales– Sunday, June 2nd from 8:00AM-12:00PM
- Rehearsal– Wednesday, June 26th @ 5:00 at Durfee High School
- Dress Rehearsal– Thursday, June 27th @ 5:00 at Durfee High School
- Recital– Saturday, June 29th @ 12:00 and 5:00 at Durfee High School
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A RECITAL PACKET AND MUST REVIEW IT THOROUGHLY. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS IN THIS PACKET!!! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE I HAVE EXTRA IN THE OFFICE.
Registration for next season
All dancers will be receiving individual registration forms with what classes they are recommended for next year as well as summer class information. The early bird fee to register is $15 and $10 for additional sibling. Please note after June 29th the registration fee will go to original price for returning students of $20 and $15 for additional sibling. Classes for next year will FILL UP VERY FAST so please get your registration in ASAP. Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis so if you wait there is a chance you will not get the time and day you desire. Schedule and new tuition rates are attached to this newsletter.
Students NOT participating in Recital
If your child registered after January 1st, 2019 or you opted out of participating in Recital please read this section. Your child may participate in the Rehearsal only at Durfee (refer to Recital packet for details). During picture week they may come dressed in their favorite dance attire to have a dance picture taken if you wish. Also, if you registered after January 1st please be aware you do not need to pay a registration fee for the 2019-2020 dance season.
Unpaid accounts/Ticket day
All accounts need to be paid in full by June 2nd (ticket sales day) or you cannot buy tickets. Please try to pay before ticket day so we don’t take up time doing payments on ticket day. Please see notes below regarding tickets (this was in Recital packet also)
- Recital Ticket sales are from 8:00AM-Noon at the studio. Do not come after noon, we will not be here.
- CASH/CREDIT CARD ONLY SALE (no checks will be accepted)
- Once you arrive on ticket day you may stand in line to reserve your spot to get a number.
- Tickets are purchased per show. One ticket WILL NOT admit you to both shows.
- When we get there around 7:45 we will begin to hand out numbers; that will determine what order you will come into the office to purchase tickets.
- Once 8:00AM rolls around, numbers will be called in order and you will be able to come in and purchase tickets.
- ONE NUMBER PER PERSON. IF YOU TRY TO COME IN THE OFFICE WITH ANOTHER MOTHER AND ONLY ONE NUMBER, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PURCHASE TICKETS. THIS IS A VERY ORGANIZED SYSTEM THAT PROMOTES FAIRNESS AMONGST EVERYONE. NO ONE IS SUBJECT TO NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.
- YOU MAY ALSO NOT TAKE MORE THAN ONE NUMBER. IF THIS OCCURS YOU WILL BE SENT TO THE BACK OF THE LINE. EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE THEIR CHILDREN PERFORM SO LET’S ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE SURE IT GOES AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE. IF YOUR NUMBER IS CALLED AND YOU ARE NOT THERE YOU WAIT UNTIL WE CAN TAKE YOU IN.
- Please do not call the studio to see what number we are on. It distracts the staff and slows the whole process down.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS UNLESS ALL ACCOUNTS ARE MADE CURRENT, THIS INCLUDES JUNE TUITION. There are 2 Recitals on Recital day that your child is expected to participate in: 12:00 & 5:00.
- Tickets will be sold at a price of $14 ON TICKET DAY ONLY.
- AFTER TICKET DAY, TICKET PRICE INCREASES TO $16 PER TICKET.
- Any child 2 and under that will be sitting on a parent’s lap does not need to purchase a ticket. IF YOUR CHILD IS 3 AND OVER, THEY WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THEIR OWN SEAT AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT ON YOUR LAP. Children under 2 will require a stamp on their accompanying adult’s ticket.
- Tickets are sold as assigned seating.
- There are NO LIMITATIONS as to how many tickets you can buy.
- Once everyone buys tickets, the next day, Monday, all remaining tickets will be released on a first come first serve basis at 4:00 PM in the event people need more tickets for the Recitals.
- If your child is not participating in Recital you are eligible for two half price tickets for you and your child to watch Recital. These may be purchased after ticket sales day.
- If you do not come on ticket day and do not send anyone YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE TICKETS AND WILL MISS THE CHANCE TO SEE YOUR CHILD PERFORM IN RECITAL.
- DO NOT WAIT FOR MONDAY TO PURCHASE TICKETS BECAUSE THEY MAY SELL OUT ON TICKET DAY.
- You may opt to not stand in line and come later, say at 11:30AM. This is fine but there may not be the seating you desire or the show time you desire. This is your decision to make.
- TICKET SALES ARE OVER AT 12PM (OR WHEN THE LINE ENDS). DO NOT COME AFTER 12PM BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO ONE HERE AND YOU WILL NOT GET TICKETS.
- DANCERS WHO WISH TO WATCH THE RECITAL (SIT IN THE AUDIENCE) MUST PURCHASE A TICKET. They are not allowed to sit on your lap.
- There is no need to purchase a ticket for your child or you if your child has a lot of dances. Please don’t forget you will get to see them at dress rehearsal and there is a live feed in the dressing area so you can watch the show live!
- PLEASE NOTE- AS OF JUNE 3RD, THE STUDIO WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT CHECKS FOR ANY PURCHASES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON.
- Friday, June 14th
- Group 1 (Hip Hop)- 5:00-5:45
- Group 3 (Hip Hop)- 5:45-6:30
- Group 2 (Tap)- 6:30-7:15
- Friday June 21st
- All groups 5:00-5:30
Picture week will be May 13th -18th. On picture day students should bring all costumes, accessories, proper shoes and tights. They will be expected to be in full stage make up and be dressed appropriately at the time of their scheduled picture. Picture orders are to be placed at time of photography. Individual pictures will be taken in between classes. PICTURES ARE OPTIONAL. FOR FAIRNESS TO EVERYONE, IF YOU ARE NOT IN APPROPRIATE DRESS CODE YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE PICTURE. If you are not performing in Recital you may come in and take a picture in your dance attire if you wish but will not be able to participate in the group picture. Please have an idea of what package you want to purchase before you come. See picture week schedule below;
|MONDAY, May 13th
CM1A- 4:30 PM
Int. Teal Tap- 4:45 PM
Acro 1A- 5:00 PM
Int. Teal Ballet- 5:15 PM
CM2A Ballet- 5:30 PM
Int. Teal Jazz- 5:45 PM
CM2A Tap- 6:00 PM
A Tap-6:15 PM
Pom 1A- 6:30 PM
Irish 2 – 6:45 PM
Hip Hop 1A- 7:00 PM
Teal Hip Hop A- 7:15 PM
|TUESDAY, May 14th
Acro 3- 4:30 PM
Combo 1A Ballet- 4:45 PM
Pom 2- 5:00 PM
Combo 1A Tap-5:15
KF Duet- 5:30
Acro 2- 5:45
Acro 1B- 6:15
TC Solo- 6:45
Teal Jazz – 7:00
|WEDNESDAY, May 15th
Acro 1C – 4:30
P Irish SS – 4:45
Hip Hop 1B- 5:00
P Irish HS- 5:15
Irish 1- 5:30
P Jazz- 5:45
Hip Hop 2A- 6:00
P Hip Hop- 6:15
Combo 2 Ballet- 6:30
Comp Team Photo- 6:45
Combo 2 Tap- 7:00
Junior Duet- 7:15
|THURSDAY, May 16th
Combo 1B Ballet- 4:00
Musical Theater- 4:15
Combo 1B Tap- 4:30
CM2B Ballet- 4:45
CM2B Tap- 5:15
P/D Tap- 5:30
A Ballet- 5:45
SF Solo- 6:15
Acro 4- 6:30
|SATURDAY, May 18th
Pom 1B- 8:45
Mini Movers- 9:00
A Jazz- 9:30
P/D Ballet- 10:00
A Hip Hop-10:45
LR Solo- 11:00
D Hip Hop- 11:30
SS Duet- 11:45
Teal Hip Hop B- 12:00
Hip Hop 2B- 12:15
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED RECITAL SUPPLIES
Garment bags are great for Competition and Recital to keep everything organized because it will get messy with all the costumes and accessories. I do have garment bags for sale in the office for $25.
All girls will be required to have their buns covered in hairnets. Available in multiple colors.
These items may also be useful for Recital and will be for sale: bobby pins, hair elastics, undertards, and tights.
Body Liners or “Undertards”
If your child is concerned with changing in front of others or has an itchy costume you can purchase a nude body suit made specifically to be worn under costumes. Remember NO UNDERWEAR ALLOWED so this may be an option to alleviate that issue as well. Some classes are not eligible to wear undertards; if not you should have been made aware already.
INTERMEDIATE SUMMER CLASSES
IT IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED FOR STUDENTS TO ENROLL IN SUMMER CLASSES TO KEEP UP WITH THEIR DANCE KNOWLEDGE ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE ON THE BORDER OF MOVING UP NEXT YEAR!
SPACE IS LIMITED! First Come, First Serve!
|Acro (Ages 5 & up) 4:30-5:00|
|Combo Tap & Ballet (Ages 5-7) 5:00-6:00||Int. Tap & Ballet (Ages 8 & up) 5:45-6:45|
|Pom (Ages 5 & up) 6:30-7:00||Irish (Ages 6 & up) 6:45-7:15|
|Hip-Hop (Ages 5 & up) 7:00-7:30|
SUMMER TUITION RATES
|REGISTERED FOR 1-2 CLASSES||$50 (ONE TIME FEE DUE BY JUNE 29th)|
|REGISTERED FOR 3-4 CLASSES||$100 (ONE TIME FEE DUE BY JUNE 29th)|
|REGISTERED FOR ALL 5 CLASSES||$150 (ONE TIME FEE DUE BY JUNE 29th)|
- Classes will run for 5 weeks on Mondays & Thursdays: July 15TH until August 22nd
- CLOSED: JULY 29th– August 3rd (DANCE TEACHER TRAINING)
- NO REFUNDS FOR MISSED CLASSES
Classes will run July 15th -August 22nd TENTATIVE AUDITIONS: August 28th – 29th
|Hip Hop 4:00-4:45||Irish SS 4:00-4:30|
|Stretch & Strength 4:45-5:30||Irish HS 4:30-5:00|
|Jazz 5:30-6:15||Tap 5:00-5:45|
|Pom 6:15-7:00||Ballet 5:45-6:45|
|Acro 7:00-8:00||Pointe 6:45-7:30|
- CLOSED FOR DANCE TEACHER TRAINING: JULY 29th – AUGUST 3rd
- STUDENTS CANNOT MISS MORE THAN 2 CLASSES PER GENRE IN ORDER TO AUDITION. NO REFUNDS FOR MISSED CLASSES.
- ACRO & JAZZ STUDENTS THAT WISH TO AUDITION MUST REGISTER FOR BALLET AS WELL AS STRETCH & STRENGTH.
- Pointe requires teacher approval (for anyone that does not currently take the class).
- A CONSISTENT BACK HANDSPRING /AERIAL IS REQUIRED TO TAKE THIS ACRO SUMMER CLASS! AN INTERMEDIATE ACRO CLASS WILL BE HELD IN STUDIO A FOR STUDENTS THAT DO NOT MEET THIS PREREQUISITE AS WELL AS TWO WEEKS OF ACRO CAMP!
FORMS ATTACHED TO REGISTRATION PACKETS
OR AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE